ACS Skills Assessment chance

dondanell

Hello!

I'm new here and just trying to see if anyone would be able to give me some advise.

I am going to lodge my ACS skills assessment next week using ANZSCO 263212 (ICT Support Engineer)

I have 5y3m experience as a Desktop and Print Engineer which i can prove from the gleaming references my employers have given me and I have an MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCP ITIL V3 and a certificate from a short course I did at a University. My main concern is if they will give me a positive assessment with the qualifications?

If I do get a positive assessment, how many point would this give me?

Many thanks

hi,

just to advice, make sure that you have detailed out the position title, and position responsibilities during the course of your employment with your company (including change in position & responsibilities eg: promotion, change dept) and have it signed by your supervisor/manager or HR personnel.

also, as for points (look under the visa type your applying for) then - you will need to refer to the skillselect points chart (under employment) closest to 5yrs3mnths. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/faqs/#faq86667

hope this helps.

Hi ahpplicant,

Thanks for the advise, my line manager and previous employer are (luckily) quite willing to help me with this.

Thanks for the link, should be 10 points if they validate my experience.

Did you also have to upload a CV when doing the skills assessment? The only reason I ask is because I get charged £10 to certify documents and as it is this is over £100 for the ones I currently have and dont want to spend too much!

Guest ThistleandThorns

You don't have to submit your CV but I would suggest you do so that you backup your experience as much as possible. Here's the ACS documenta checklist http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/17636/Document-Checklist.pdf

Also note that DIAC will want your CV uploaded when you apply for the actual VISA so might as well get it certified now. Me and my husband got 3 certified copies of every document.

Good Luck!

Hi ahpplicant,

Thanks for the advise, my line manager and previous employer are (luckily) quite willing to help me with this.

Thanks for the link, should be 10 points if they validate my experience.

Did you also have to upload a CV when doing the skills assessment? The only reason I ask is because I get charged £10 to certify documents and as it is this is over £100 for the ones I currently have and dont want to spend too much!

£10 sounds a little excessive just for certifying a document - we paid £5 per document and the solicitor we used was in the "tower" in Canary Wharf.

The subject of cost for certifying documents occasionally comes up here, and people seem to usually pay even less than we did. I see you're in London - if you work near, or can easily access Canary Wharf during the working week, PM me and I'll send you the details of the solicitor we used. Ours did specifically deal with immigration cases (though usually into the UK), so maybe that's the issue. When we were looking for a solicitor, while all will certify documents, as soon as they found out it was for immigration, all except immigration solicitors refused.

Alternatively, if you're near The Strand, then the Australian High Commission can also certify your documents, though I've no idea of the cost or lead time.

Thanks ThistleandThons.

Did you get your documents certified by a notary or just a solicitor? I am being quoted £85 for the first doc and £10 for each additonal document!

Hope this comes through, this will determine whether I make the move or not.

Thanks RiveriaKid.

I am in London and should be able get down there next week. I am just waiting for my new passport then will have everything.

i can't see how to PM you? Would really appreciate those details.

Wow, £85 for the first and £10 each after? That's really expensive.

Click on my username and in the pop-up, there's a private message option, or there's one in my profile - just checked the PIO rules and I don't think there's a problem adding details here, so:

We used Kaslers Solicitors (http://www.docklandssolicitor.co.uk - 020 7712 1751). They have a few offices in the surrounding counties so be sure to ask for the Canary Wharf office, and at the time had a tendency to book us in on a Friday, so it's probably worth calling with plenty of notice.

We had two different appointments, and they were always really friendly, helpful, and professional. My first visit we needed 18 copies - one set for the ACS, one for DIAC, and one spare - but if you have more than about 10 individual copies I'd recommend making it very clear when you speak to them as they usually only expect 15-20 minutes per booking.

It's normal for payment to be in cash with no receipt (and change is unlikely) provided, so be prepared with exact money when you go in. If you have any statutory declarations, they can do that too and you have an oath to repeat to make it official. There's religious, and non-religious versions of the oath.

Archived