Riddle me this!

Addison05

Checked with our CO last night about the areas I can live and work in on the Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (class SP) subclass 489. It reads to me in booklet 6 (part below) that I can live and work in the postcode areas listed.

Our agent says the same as me but our CO says:

"The areas you can live and work in in Western Australia, so that you qualify for the second stage permanent visa can be any area who’s post code is NOT listed below."

[TABLE=class: ecxMsoNormalTable, width: 501]

[TR]

[TD=width: 415]WESTERN AUSTRALIA

(Except Perth and surroundings areas)

[/TD]

[TD=width: 253]6041 to 6044

6083 to 6084

6121 to 6126

6200 to 6799

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Now Iam a little confused by this riddle!

Please help

Guest guest76088

I'm confused too. From the booklet page 14:

"Regional Australia or low population growth metropolitan (RALPGM) areasIf you are being nominated by a state or territory government you must reside on your Skilled – Regional

Sponsored (Provisional) visa, in one of the following RALPGM areas:"

Then the part of the table you posted.

From reading these together it appears you must live in one of these postcodes.

If you consider the entry for South Australia in the same table for example says "all postcodes within South Australia". For it to mean "except the following postcodes" would make no sense.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

Query it with your CO.

BigD

Ignore your CO, the postcodes the listed are the eligible postcodes, that you are required to live in. Does it not state this in your grant letter?

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/AboutStateSponsorship.aspx

Thanks for your reply.

I thought they where but he confused me, Our grant letter does'nt state which the eligible postcodes are.

Archived