IELTS Will they take into account dyslexia or not?

brionomurchu

Hi Everyone,

I'm Irish and a secondary school Design and Technology Teacher in the UK for 2 years now.

I've dyslexia and struggle sometimes with my writing and spellings. Will they take into account my dyslexia or not?

I need a final scored of 8 and I'm worried I won't achieve because of my dyslexia.

Thanks,

Brian

Guest scrumpy

YES they will, however you have to show proof/diagnosis when applying, I think you then get an extra 20 or 25% time, and probably in a room on your own, so less destractions

• 1 year later...

You will need an educational psychologist to prove that you're dyslexic. He/She will conduct a number tests and analyse the results. I was lucky I obtained my test through my University. They'll provide you with a letter recommending what special arrangements need to be taken when taking part in any exam. I contacted my local IELTS test centre and explained my situation and provided them with the proof I.e the letter of recommendations. I got my own test room and 25% extra time. I recommend buying old exam papers and practice every evening two weeks prior to the exam also.

Archived