Help with short term rental on sunshine coast please! :-)

Kelloggs30

Hi everyone,

My husband and I along with our 16 month old son are arriving in the Sunshine Coast on 18th June and are looking for a short term rental for a few weeks while we look for a longer 6-12 month rental property. If you have, or know of someone that has a property that is up for rent from that date I would love to hear from you!! I have been looking at websites like Stayz etc but would love a recommendation from someone who knows the properties and areas that would be the best base to look around the sunny coast from.

We are hoping to secure a long term rental in the Buderim/Mountain Creek/Sippy Downs type area, so would like to be based nearby for our first few weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Kelly :-)

Hi a lot of new comers stay in holiday accom on long term rates, real estates will have some long term rentals for a few weeks under their holiday listings. Plenty of 6 to12 month rentals available when you are ready to settle in a particular place. All those areas you are looking at are great!

Thanks jt, I have been looking into the long term rentals already, but think we need to be there to decide on one we'll be living in for 6 months +. Am currently looking at holiday rentals, but they all seem sooooooooo expensive! How do you get the long term rates? Is it just a case of asking the managers? Thanks for the help :-)

Hi, We stayed on the Sunshine Coast for about 2 weeks in 2011 at a place called Hedland Gardens, http://www.headlandgardens.com.au/ it was managed by a couple of expats Ann and Paul who were really nice. There was a family staying there who had migrated 2-3 months earlier and I believe they had got a good deal on their rental. Send them a message via the link on the website, I'm sure you will get a good deal from them and the accommodation is really nice too and well located!

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. I had a good look last night and managed to get a few quotes from some property managers. One property in particular has caught my eye on Kawana Island. Can anyone tell me what it's like there? The only thing I seem to be able to find is that it's a retirement village type area! If that's the case, it may not be ideal for my young family? Hehe.

Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to say good luck for your move in June. We are also moving to the area you are looking at in September. My husband is coming over to check out the areas and schools in May very exciting!

We have two kids ages 14 and 11 so the schools are very important as well as a nice family area to live.

Would love to hear your about your experiences. I am also having trouble finding a short term let as the holiday rentals are very expensive compared to the normal rentals. The problem is that I don't want to commit to a longer term rental with out seeing the property first. It is a bit of a juggling act. I would love to hear from you if you find something reasonable.

Many thanks,

BIB

xx

Archived