Got the Visas BUT I might have to go first!!

MikenSal

We are in a sticky situation. We have our 457 visa, our employer wants us there by end of april, and we can't sell the house.

Will the 457 allow me to go over first and start work? That way I can send the wages home, still pay our mortgage and my wife could oversee the (eventual) sale of the house and follow on with the kids afterwards.

Is this possible?

We're in Panic mode BIGTIME!!:arghh:

Guest KP Nuts

glitteryourway68f1d9cdwp6.gif

Sorry can't help with your question, but congratulations and enjoy your celebrations when you come out of panic mode.....

Good luck with the sale of the house.

KP Nuts

don't see why this should be a problem but maybe worth checking on gomatilda.com as they have lots of legal type assistance there. Think you may only have a year though to get here otherwise the visa will be de-funked, so hopefully you'll sell the house quickly and your wife & kids can join you sooner than later. I know our friends are doing something similar on a different type of visa he is coming over first to source a job and find a rental and the wife and kids will be joining him about 4 months later.

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR VISAS

My sister went to Australia on a sponsored Visa with her OH, he went first (Visa on his merit) and she followed when they sold the house about 6 months later. I think everyone has to activate their own Visas within the time (12 months) but you do not have to all go together.

Have a lovely life in Aus !

We are in the same position as you, except that it's the wife that is the main 457 visa holder. She has a start date of the 28th April, but her empolyer will let her start on the 2nd of June if she needs to, but if we haven't sold the house then she'll have to go by herself and leave me and the kids behind until it's sold. If this happens me and the kids will be gutted.

Anyone want to buy a house?

Best regards and good luck

The Tuckers

Archived