189 Visa. Is Birth Certificate mandatory?

Is Birth Certificate mandatory for class 189 VISA for applicant from INDIA?

The 189 booklet says

Evidence to support your application

Proof of age such as your birth certifi cate or passport should be included with your application.

I don't have a birth certificate. All my life I used Passport as proof of age :-(

Agree with above. A full birth certificate costs about £14 and arrives within a couple of weeks (often less). Order online, easy to do.

And probably better to include than not. My application asked for one or the other for my Aus hubby and it turned out they expected both. The wording isn't exactly clear, rather ambiguous infact so cover your bases.

FWIW, you'd had to have had a BC at some point to get your passport.

ETA - The location was explained while I was typing a reply.

I'm from India. I dont have one. I dont even know the procedure to get one. It shouldnt be simple and might take lot of time :-(

Then don't get one.

Or do a bit of research online and read about how to obtain a birth certificate in India. I just put that into google and got some results but have not read them fully. Might be worth you doing so though :)

Then don't get one.

Or do a bit of research online and read about how to obtain a birth certificate in India. I just put that into google and got some results but have not read them fully. Might be worth you doing so though :)

Im from a small village in India now working in a city. Now to get the birth certificate I might have to go to Panchayat and request one. In India esp in Panchayat its not a straightforward procedure. I'm not even sure if they keep records of by birth details from hospital :-(

I'm depressed. If birth certificate is required all my effort goes in vain

Is this any use to you then? It came up in the same search. Also it may be worth re titling this thread so it says 'India' in the subject line. Often people who might know may not read a thread and pass it by. Including 'India' would give more chance of those with similar experiences seeing it.

So a title of say '189 Visa. Is Birth Certificate mandatory for applicant from India?'

http://www.alliedlegalonline.com/Concierge-Birth-Certificate.htm

You make no mention of where you are in your first post either, if you can try to include that info from the off as otherwise you may not get replies that are of much use.

Archived