Where to buy reasonably priced camper 7-8 seater in Australia?

MikeW

Hi,

We are a family of 4 and have been living in Australia for nearly 2 years. One of my regrets was not buying a Volkwagen V5 campervan in the UK before I came and ship it over. They are so expensive here. I was offered a 10 yr old one in the UK for £18k (would cost double that in Australia).

I'm after a 7 seater that I can put seats down and sleep in it for weekend trips. Can't really have a fully converted camper as I'll need the additional seats for when we have visitors from the UK.

I've been looking online at Toyota Hiace Super Custom, these are 7-8 seater. They're imports and cost around $16k (around 2002 model).

Does anyone have any tips of a good place to buy reasonably priced campers in Australia without costing a fortune?

In hindsight I should have bought a 7-8 seater when we first came to Australia. Instead we rushed into buying and bought an estate car (5 seat) which is no use when we have visitors.

I would like a camper that is quite economical on fuel.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Guest littlesarah

Could you get a panel van and then pay to get seats installed? We got a techsafe seat put into our T5, and we could have had one put in that will lie flat (but we wanted one that could be removed so we didn't go for the lie-flat option).

Blossom - I love the Delica. When I mentioned it to a guy I work with he told me to be very careful with them as after arounf 100,000 km (roughly) something can go wrong with them and it costs a fortune to put right. Does this sound familiar to you? I was gutted when he told me as I really like them. I prefer automatics - would never go back to manual now!

Archived