Cruise to oz

Generalis

Does anyone know if its possible to get a one way cruise to oz and whether this is cost effective or not. Just been on a mini cruise and now my hubby thinks it would be a good idea to sail to oz and stop off at lots of places on the way. I think he's in cloud cuckoo land but hey ho

Anyone know? ......

Sam:biglaugh:

Guest emberton

Hi Sam

I think it is a fab idea had a little look into this myself and the price came back at approx £3500 each they sail each January but you can fly out and join the ship at any port

Hope this helps:huh:

Guest CosWeCan

My Cousins did this and one of the memories I have of my childhood is waving them goodbye from Southampton docks...how god damn exciting!!! Streamers and everything!!!

That was back in the 70's though...good luck to you, I have looked into it as well as it seems just so WOW...just very expensive when you consider what else you can spend that kind of dosh on.

Problem is memories are priceless

Let us all know if you find a great deal:cute:

Guest koala12

Hi Sam

My parents are hoping to come out to Oz by cruise as Dad can't fly! It takes 42 days from Southampton and ships only leave UK January of each year so you can literally miss the boat if you can't travel then! I think the one they looked at is by P & O Cruises, but you can shop around I think and look for best deals.

Karen

Sounds great doesnt it! V pricey though, wonder if we could find a £10 deal anywhere :-)

Angelcake

Maybe Stellios will read this and offer us an affordable alternative !!:biglaugh:

One plus is that I think you can take pretty much as much luggage as you can fit in your cabin, no weight limit... though not sure you will get away with your sofa, bed, fridge etc :-) ... still a nice(ish) cabin is about the same price as flying first class, and not much more than double business class... so yes it is an option.

Remember the prices on the sites also include the return airfair, so you should be able to get a discount by removing that and using a cruise agent... its something I have been considering.

Archived