PR and 457 visa stuck in the middle

scotexpat

we have been applying for our PR for almost a year and we are in OZ. We have been given Bridging Visas pending our outcome. However my employer has offered to sponsor us on a 457. Natrually PR is better but if i accept the 457 will this now stop us getting the PR through the 190 visa scheme?

Bloody confusing.

Blossom

We have done our medicals and police check and now just waiting on them clearing Global Health... The 457 was a back up plan if we failed the medicals.

We have been told that it can take upto 3 months to clear global health... Crazy when the work has been done for them!

Thanks for your advice :)

We haven't been told anything and Medibank had apparently signed them off and sent them over. i'm sue if there was anything of concern then we would have found out that that point.... Surely rather than leave you hanging on.

thanks

That is only if they are referred. Do you expect to fail the medical? If not, just hang on in there, there is no benefit at all of getting the 457 visa if it is just a case of you waiting.

Yer, we only knew hubbies was refered as it never turned up in the post. Luckily we knew that he had scar tissue from a bad chest infection, so we knew exactly what it was that held it up, and that it wouldn't be an issue, but waiting is a pain.

If they have signed off on them you should have nothing to worry about, it is just a matter of time now. :-)

Archived