189 actual points 70 not 75

Hi,

My Girlfriend and I are in the process of applying for a 189 Visa.

My experience as a QS has been accepted by the AIQS and they have deemed me suitable for a skillselect visa.

We submitted an EOI which came to a total of 75 points. We have now applied for the visa paid our fees and lodged all the documents except Police checks and medicals.

However on further reading, the AIQS has deemed me suitable for the skillselct visa using only 3 years of my 5 years experience, it would seem they didn't account for my 5 years as there was a break after my first years experience to go back to Uni to finish my degree.

This now means that our points are 70 not 75, will this be a problem as I've read that people get there application rejected for not meeting the points the EOI has been granted for.

Thanks

Aidan

Hi there, I would give immi a call tonight and discuss I am not sure if maybe you just need to complete a form 1022 or 1023 or what but I am sure they will give you the right info. I have called them before they are really helpful :)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf

I hope they offer a nice simple solution!

Carol

Hi,

My Girlfriend and I are in the process of applying for a 189 Visa.

My experience as a QS has been accepted by the AIQS and they have deemed me suitable for a skillselect visa.

We submitted an EOI which came to a total of 75 points. We have now applied for the visa paid our fees and lodged all the documents except Police checks and medicals.

However on further reading, the AIQS has deemed me suitable for the skillselct visa using only 3 years of my 5 years experience, it would seem they didn't account for my 5 years as there was a break after my first years experience to go back to Uni to finish my degree.

This now means that our points are 70 not 75, will this be a problem as I've read that people get there application rejected for not meeting the points the EOI has been granted for.

Thanks

Aidan

Hope you have some success.

Usually only post qualification experience counts as skilled experience.

If you were invited based on 75 points but only have 70 there is a good chance you will be asked to withdraw your application.

I know it sounds daft as you still easily qualify and would have still been invited but it seems that everyone who has overclaimed has been asked to withdraw or face refusal. Most seem to have had their visa charge refunded and reapplied with the correct claims.

I really hope you get the result you want but I would prepare yourself for the worst.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but Im being honest.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just a quick update, I rang the skillselect office today and they said to withdraw my application immediately and submit an EOI again with the correct points. Unfortunately the fella at the other end of the phone wasn't too optimistic about us getting our money back. All we can do now is try.

Has anyone any experience of writing one of these letters to withdraw an application and asking for a refund ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.