Welding Qualifications to get a job

rickjoann

Just seeking some advice from any welders.

I have NVQ Level 2 and 3 in welding and have had my skills assessed by VETASSES and now have a Certificate III in Engineering -Fabrication Trade (Welding)

Could anyone clarify that to get a job as a welder in Australia, possibly south Australia, that you need a ticket.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

a ticket for what? do you mean codings? if so then no mate your vetassess will be more than enough. i brought my british certs with me just to prove i'd passed tests in the pasts but they are only good for the job and company that coded you so you'd still have to do more at a new company. the vetassess is your skills cert which tells an employer you've had your skills checked out and you are up to standard.

hope this helps.

anyways off to bed now as it's not far off 10 pm over here and i have work at 4 so another day of sweating in the sun.............................

rich

Hi mate

thanks for the advice, someone on another site mentioned welders needing a ticket and wasnt sure if it was something i didnt know about. Did you apply for jobs before you left the UK or wait until you got to Oz ? If you have any advice on applying for welding jobs, agencies to use. I would really appreciate it. Have you any regrets about making the move ? Enjoy the weather it's freezing in Yorkshire, snow just disappearing !!

• 3 months later...

Hi mate, I'm wondering if you can help. Did you do the level 2 & 3 apprenticeships or just the NVQ's. Reason being because I'm moving to oz with my girlfriend in a few years, and want to get qualified before I go.

Thanks

Mike

Archived