Painter & Decorator Skills Assessment - will I succeed without spray painting - HELP!!!!

kaiser

I am a P&D, 3 year apprenticeship, NVQ 3, 7 years post-apprenticeship skilled experience. My question is, if I have no spray painting experience will I get a positive outcome from TRA? One of definitions is applying paints varnishes and stains by brush roller and sprays I have everything else in the overall definition. Anyone know if you have to have absolutely everything. Don't want to go through this onerous task of gettlng all the evidence together if it is likely to fail because of the spray painting. Anyone had a positive outcome without the spray painting. I've rung the TRA but they will only say they will consider if this is a major element of the trade requirement so to submit everything for consideration. Any first hand knowledge would be very much appreciated.

Thanks UK Chris. I contacted the TRA and whilst they won't be specific, their response has gone a little way to reducing the worry. I'll post it here so any other P&D who worries about this can have some reassurance:

In response to your specific question, TRA makes reference to ANZSCO in the TRA Migration Skills Assessment Applicant Guidelines when referring to employment, and more specifically the tasks specified in ANZSCO as a guide for a list ofsome of the activities that are relevant for the occupation. If you are able to provide TRA with sufficient evidence of your qualification and employment claims in your MSA application, it is likely that TRA will use a holistic approach to determine whether you have a broad skill across your nominated occupation and assess your application accordingly.

Archived