190 questions Trade test etc

dan999

Hi folks, I'm finally ready to take the plunge and wanted to put a couple of questions to bed if I could.

My situation is this. I'm a 37 year old carpenter originally from uk but now live in Ireland. I've got all my trade certs (city and guilds uk) etc and think I'm going to go for the 190 visa. My questions are… Where does one email/ring/write to in order to do a skills test? Would I need to do one in UK or can I do it in Ireland? (Ireland is on the list of counties eligible to do skills tests)… Do I indeed need to do a skills test even though I have certificates?

Also I've looked into using an agency but they seem expensive, is there a benefit to using them (are they quicker)??

And one last thing if I may, does anybody know how much EVERYTHING will be for a 190 visa, including police checks, medicals, skills tests etc etc.

This really is a great forum guys so glad to have found it. I'd be very grateful for any advice at all no matter how small. Cheers, Dan

• 2 weeks later...