Visa Evidencing

mrpnbe

The good news...... we got our 175 VisasGranted last year in double quick time..... quicker than we thought and as such we are off to Melbourne in May to activate them and recce jobs, schools and all that jazz...... very exciting times!!

I know I'm leaving it late, but I have been reading through all the Visa paperwork again to make sure we have everything sorted and spotted the question of evidencing the Visa on our passports. The accompanying letter states this may be be a requirement.

Does anyone know if the UK requires us to have a visa label...... would had to get there in May and have a problem and I can't find it anywhere on the internet, australian or UK gov sites?

Thanks.

P

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do you think UK immigration would require proof of your Australian visa?

Even Australian immigration don't require a visa label since they handle it all electronically anyway.

As far as an Australian visa label is concerned, they no longer issue them automatically - my wife and I had one issued recently for our 175 and paid the 70 AUD fee to have a label put into our passports since it would be much easier to prove our permanent residency rights with a label, but it is by no means required, even more so if you're just activating your visa.

Thanks for the reply, i'm just going from what it says in the paper work that accompanied our visa confirmation. Like you I believe everything i handled electronically, but just wanted to check.

Cheers

When the Australian immigration officer scans your passport, they'll see that you have a 175 so there'll be no problem there. The UK doesn't need to know, and doesn't care about foreign visas so don't worry about them.

As I say, my wife and I only paid for the label so for example, when we get a job, we can just produce our passport to instantly prove our eligibility to work without waiting for any checks to be made.

We got our label in February, and there was less than a week between posting the passports to Australia House and having them back in our hands complete with label.

There's no downside really, to having the label so for peace of mind as much as anything, if you have the 70 AUD and don't need your passport for a week or so, then I say go for it. It might be a good idea to check with the High Commission what sort of lead times they have right now, since it's not long before you plan to fly out.

Thanks for the reply, i'm just going from what it says in the paper work that accompanied our visa confirmation. Like you I believe everything i handled electronically, but just wanted to check.

Cheers

Yes, but you are not making sense, no sense at all.

Why on heaven or earth would the UK care whether you have an Australian visa evidenced in your possport?

Archived