Application form 47SP - Partner Visa (Question 55)

ElToro

Hi guys, I've got a question regarding a question on this application form:

Question 55 - What is your current relationship with your sponsor? Married, de facto or engaged.

Now, I am applying for a de facto partner visa and (having lived together for 18 months) should I state we are de facto from when we lived together?

We are also engaged - does this 'trump' de facto?

Do I tick both de facto and engaged?

Cheers all for any help you can provide.

Guest GeorgeD
Hi guys, I've got a question regarding a question on this application form:

Question 55 - What is your current relationship with your sponsor? Married, de facto or engaged.

Now, I am applying for a de facto partner visa and (having lived together for 18 months) should I state we are de facto from when we lived together?

We are also engaged - does this 'trump' de facto?

Do I tick both de facto and engaged?

Cheers all for any help you can provide.

For each option there is a supplementary field asking for additional information. You tick one of the three boxes so you know which supplementary field to fill in. If you are applying for the defacto spouse visa it's all well and good that you intend to get married in Julember 2027, but that isn't all that relevant to confirming that you have been in a defacto relationship for at least 12 months. If you are aplying for a defacto visa, tick that box then give the date when your defacto relationship started.

One doesn't really 'trump' the other...the form is for people in three different situations, so they are asking for a key date relating to each of the different scenarios, that's all. If anything 'engaged' is the least concrete of the three situations...you could have met a week ago and got engaged and intend gettign married in a while. The others have either been together at least a year or have formalised it with a legal commitment such as marriage.

Your answer is to tick de facto.

Archived