Surrogate mothers or adpotion?

scotexpat

It is a long drawn out process and a lot of people in Australia adopt from overseas countries as there are more babies/toddlers available. However some countries seem to be tightening up now. Of course its an expensive process as well. A friend of our family adopted two Korean children.

The problem with adoption here in Aus and I guess its the same in most western countries is that our welfare system allows the children to remain with their birth mother which is as it should be, this means there are not many babies or young children up for adoption unless they have special needs.

Foster parents are always needed though as many children are fostered as in other Western countries.

Depending on your age though no harm in starting the process to adopt.

How does this work for Gay couples? Last thing i would like to adopt a kid from Asia when kids here are in need. We are a gay british couple looking and we have a great amount of love to give. One a paramedic and the other a Doctor

Guest The Pom Queen
How does this work for Gay couples? Last thing i would like to adopt a kid from Asia when kids here are in need. We are a gay british couple looking and we have a great amount of love to give. One a paramedic and the other a Doctor

In regards to surrogacy Queensland were trying to stop it for same sex couples, I'm not sure if they succeeded.

Adopting or Fostering

Same sex couples are able to foster children throughout all of Australia and it does not matter which State it is that they reside in.

Adoption of Children

Same sex couples can only adopt children in Western Australia, the Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales.

Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and the Northern Territory do not permit same sex couples to adopt children.

Archived