Sponsorship.....!!!!

Guest Cane Family

Guest Cane Family

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing good.

Well our heads are still mashed from all the reading, :arghh: anyway we have had various suggestions with regards to what visa to apply for. Steve's brother is currently in Brisbane and has been since June 2007, he has a 136 visa. my question is does anyone know what is involved in him sponsoring us?

Regards

Adele & Steve

Im not 100% on this but im pretty sure he has to have citizenship or have been here the equivalent amount of time.They will also have to show they could support you financially should the need arise.Sorry i cant be of more help and if anyone thinks im wrong and knows the answer please post as this is a question im also interested in ,

Cal x

Guest Helaine

my brother is also over there and from what we were told he has to have PR and enough dosh to support you !!!!! just how much do you like to shop ?

Guest Gollywobbler
Hey everyone, hope you are all doing good.

Well our heads are still mashed from all the reading, :arghh: anyway we have had various suggestions with regards to what visa to apply for. Steve's brother is currently in Brisbane and has been since June 2007, he has a 136 visa. my question is does anyone know what is involved in him sponsoring us?

Regards

Adele & Steve

Hi Cane Family

Sponsoring someone is a pretty simple process. The Sponsor is not means-tested. The assessment is made on the basis of the information that s/he provides in Sponsorship Form 1277.

Please see the following links:

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1277.pdf

Cheers

Gill

Archived