once you've completed your 88 days...

bar100

whats the next step in actually being granted your second year visa? Do you phone up immigration or something? What is the timescale? For instance, if my visa was due to run out on 28th aug, and i finished my 88 days on the 27th, what would I do? have to leave and come back, or would it be able to be sorted so you could stay via a bridging visa or something?

[h=2]Second Working Holiday visa[/h] You may lodge your second Working Holiday visa application while either in or outside Australia.

• If you lodge your application in Australia, you must be in Australia to be granted your visa. You should apply before your current visa ceases.
  • If you lodge your application outside Australia, you must be outside Australia to be granted your visa.

When lodging your second Working Holiday visa application please use the attachment facility at the end of the online application to attach your form 1263 – Employment Verification. This will expedite the processing of your application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/how-to-apply.htm

As long as you lodged valid application before visa ran out you would be given BVA until decision was made on 2nd WHV.

Archived