VETASSESS: Change of Occupation

Red Rose

Apologies if this has been clarified before.

I have a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS in relation to Workplace Relations Adviser. However, it is currently off WA’s Occupation List and is only available on ACT’s. I have 60 points to apply for sponsorship with ACT, but their requirements for SS are quite strict it seems, so I am thinking about making an application to VETASSESS for change of occupation to HR Adviser, which is on WA’s list. This costs $500 and I would be asking them to review the same documents I sent them last time.

My question is, if I receive a positive assessment for HR Adviser, will I still retain the positive assessment for Workplace Relations Adviser or will it replace it? I am trying to keep my options open and will probably apply for SS with ACT, but in the event I am unsuccessful (to start, I am struggling to find 6 workplace relations vacancies in ACT), it would be helpful to then apply for SS with WA as HR Adviser.

Grateful for your comments.

Yes you will still keep the other positive assessment if you can get another one.

But you may have issues proving that your work experience is highly relevant to the occupation that you nominate, if there is a big difference in the role you do, compared to the occupation that you nominated.

• 7 months later...
Yes you will still keep the other positive assessment if you can get another one.

But you may have issues proving that your work experience is highly relevant to the occupation that you nominate, if there is a big difference in the role you do, compared to the occupation that you nominated.

Hi,

I applied to assess my occupation as "Corporate Services Manager" in Vetassess that came "Negative" in September 2013. Now , i intend to apply change of occupation in HR Advisor occupation, because, my job experience considerably covers JD of HR Advisor. The only question that comes in my mind, would my new JD of HR Advisor conflict with my previously sent statement of works . How Vetassess would consider this particular aspect of my case

Kindly suggest solution in this regard.

Regards

Syed Sharif Uddin

• 2 months later...

Archived