457 visa...still waiting

its two weeks since the CO asked for police clearance and ten days since they rec a copy of it.

They indicated to our lawyer it was the only thing they wanted before they approved and yet we are still waiting. The lawyer has said today the service received is below standard for Perth DIAC but has also indicated that we may well hear something over night (aus time) as they process the visas overnight.

Has anyone any experience of the visa being approved early saturday morning?

hey mate, didn't know they issued visas overnight! thats pretty cool.

anyways in the same boat as you, lodged on 07/2/13, CO on 15/02/13 - nothing yet to date, still waiting for my 457 visa too, sucks ey, hopefully we hear back soon!

hey mate, didn't know they issued visas overnight! thats pretty cool.

anyways in the same boat as you, lodged on 07/2/13, CO on 15/02/13 - nothing yet to date, still waiting for my 457 visa too, sucks ey, hopefully we hear back soon!

Well the lawyer said if he heard anything over the weekend he would be in touch, I asked if they worked weekend and he said that if they have a backlog they work a saturday morning and that say they worked today on a case and finalised it, they then process it overnight aus time

Hi Mine took only a month most go through fairly quick, I am still waiting for sponsor to find a placement as they are an agent, but jobs for foreign workers has taken a turn for the worse on the 457 visa. Hopefully the situation will change very soon

good luck you should be over there soon

Archived