references

tony74

hi, im a bricky and i started the visa application about 18 mths ago but because ive always been self employed have strugglied a bit gettin all my references together anyway i have them all now, but 2 yrs ago i set up my own business (subbie) and now i have to get references of "clients" and i havnt a clue how to go about it, i went with visa bureau and they gave me templates for refs, i would be grateful if anyone who has been in the same boat could let me know what they think.

OH (Adey) was contracting for years before he came here too so what he did is wrote his own reference for clients that he had worked for and then asked them to sign the letter to confirm that he could undertake certain tasks. We found it much easier to have written them for people than to ask them to provide us with references as they simply either changed the letter to match what they thought or simply signed it. Clients tended not to reply if we simply asked them to provide a reference as suppose its not important to them as much as it will be to you. Good luck with your application its worth all the hassle we both love it down under and have been here 4 months now.

Archived