Job Specific Qualifications

stevehtid

I am looking to move to Australia soon and, in my current job of events management, I have years of practical experience but no real qualifications.

To this end I have been looking at online distance learning courses that will allow me to back up my practical experience with a qualification... This isn't as easy as it sounds as I have now been drowned in certificates, diplomas and more to the point my head is spinning!

Would anyone be able to recommend the way to proceed - ie which level of qualification is likely to help the most and also if I should be looking for a UK qualification or an Australian qualification. I have researched both options but am unsure which would carry the most weight when job searching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'd check with the assessing authority that you will be applying to for your skills assessment. I was just finishing my NVQ level 3 when I applied to TRA but they advised that even if completed by the time of assessment that they would need 3 years post qualification experience. TRA did advise me that gaining an Australian AQF level 3 awarded on the grounds of recognised prior learning would be acceptable to them.

Thanks for the reply - luckily I will be applying on a class 309/100 (Partner) visa so I won't require a skills assessment - this is just to aid my chances of securing a decent job once I get there.

I will look into that Aus qualification grade though - the more I can find out, the better!

Archived