Scottie91

AHPRA

Pharmacy Board

Pharmacy Board of Australia

Go

• Home »
  • Registration

[h=1]Registration[/h][h=3]In Registration:[/h]

[h=2]Overview[/h]Pharmacists must be registered with the Board, and meet the Board's registration standards in order to practice in Australia.

If you were registered with a State or Territory registration board as at 30 June 2010 you will have automatically transitioned to the new national registration and accreditation scheme. Your registration is now recognised in the States and Territories of Australia that have enacted the National Law.

See AHPRA FAQ for more information about the scheme.

[h=2]Registration Types[/h]The new pharmacy registration types are:

• general registration
  • limited registration:
    • postgraduate training or supervised practice
    • area of need
    • teaching or research
    • in the public interest

[*]provisional registration

[*]non-practising registration

[*]student registration

Information for pharmacy interns with provisional registration seeking general registration:

[h=2]Converting to new Registration types[/h]The Pharmacy Registration Transition Plan shows how registration types in place in each State and Territory converted to the new registration types and endorsements under the National Law after 1 July 2010.

[h=2]Additional information[/h]

Hey Scottie no experience I'm afraid I'm just starting out on the process and have no advice - just questions! wondering how the skills assessment process is?

I emailed the Pharmacy council recently and found they replied promptly are they equally helpful throughout the process?

Is the COAP exam straightforward? it seems similar to the pre-reg exam but with clinical questions only is thata fair assessment? Have you got your visa? - hoping to apply for 189 myself. Sorry to hijack your thread with all the questions, would love to hear how you get on finding a supervised practice placement.

Hi Rinky,

I have been qualified about 17 years and being so long since I had studied I found it really hard. My friend had done the Canadian exam too and thought this one was a picnic compared to that though!!

I found the study connect website really helpful - "apec caop exam' thread. Read from start to finish and you'll know exactly what to expect.

Also I paid for membership of the apecexam.com website which was money well spent for me.

If you're newly qualified then it probably won't phase you though.

It all takes a lot of time and money but all worth it as now have a 189 visa!!

Just need somebody to buy my house and hope to be packing my sunscreen sometime soon.....

Scottie

Thanks that's really helpful. So the australian texts will be useful to have? One more question when do you actually get the positive skills assessment for the EOI after the exam or after the initial assessment where they tell you if you are stream A or B?

Registering as a pharmacist seems to be the most long winded and expensive of all the occupations!

Good luck with the move please update on how you get on finding a job.

• 4 weeks later...

hello

please answer us about the questions

"One more question when do you actually get the positive skills assessment for the EOI after the exam or after the initial assessment where they tell you if you are stream A or B?

Registering as a pharmacist seems to be the most long winded and expensive of all the occupations!

Good luck with the move please update on how you get on finding a job."""

and tell us how can we fund us in the meanwhile ? i mean until being registered and eligible to work as a pharmacist

Hi since I posted I have emailed the APC and you get the skills assessment when you pass CAOP. In answer to your question you have to fund yourself basically until you find a job or don't move until you have a job.

oh my god

thats impossible . you mean that u have to CAOP before you can make a EOI that would be impossible

how can we go to australia to undergo the CAOP exam before applying ?

i think only the initial assessment is required nothing else

The idea of the visa is that you are going as a skilled worker so it makes sense that you have to be ready to work when you get there. The email said this:

"The results letter from the CAOP (if you pass the CAOP successfully) also serves the purpose of a skills assessment letter for visa / migration purposes and to commence a period of supervised practice in Australia"

I think that is pretty self explanatory really but the APC are very quick with their replies so drop them an email with your concerns. The CAOP can be taken in the UK. I would look on the APC website it has a lot of info.

Yes You are right.

But what about people like me i am Palestinain and i can not travel to any country in the world to take the cap

if i could be able to go to london to make the exam i would just go there and take a refugee status intsead of this long process.

and there are a lot of people like me

• 1 month later...
Guest ellieday

Hi Scottie.

I'm an expat Pharmacist and I've been in Australia since 2009. I'm currently a pharmacy manager in NSW, and recruiting a second pharmacist. I'm in a position to be able to offer a pommy pharmacist (because we're the best!) a period of supervised practice. Are you still job hunting? Where were you hoping to relocate to?

• 1 month later...
Hi Scottie.

I'm an expat Pharmacist and I've been in Australia since 2009. I'm currently a pharmacy manager in NSW, and recruiting a second pharmacist. I'm in a position to be able to offer a pommy pharmacist (because we're the best!) a period of supervised practice. Are you still job hunting? Where were you hoping to relocate to?

Hi there,

Still need a pharmacist?

This opportunity may have passed, but in case anyone is looking: I am a UK pharmacist with 6 years of pharmacy practice. I have some teaching experience and need 152 hours of supervised practice to fully register. I am flexible with hours/duties and live in the Eastern suburbs.

I appreciate that most places have a full team, but in cases you need extra help - msg me.

Thanks

Archived