Braving a hello

Rose11

:smile: Hi all.

I've been reading and gathering info for a few months now and now finally writing my first post.

We are a family of four and are hoping to get the ball rolling in the next couple of months to start the process of getting a skilled working visa. It will be my partner who applies as he is a builder but more qualifications in carpentry so going down that route.

Could someone just confirm that firstly we have to do the English test and also get his skills assessed before the EOI? Also that the skills assessment is around £1500??

It is all quite overwhelming as well as exciting and I think sites like this are a god send for everyone especially people like me as I think I know what I'm doing but just need a bit of guidance and help.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Rose

Hi there, welcome to pio. Your partner will need to get his certs etc looked at approx. £500. Then also carry out a practical test. Just over £ 1000 I think also the English test. £ 120 We also used an agent so that was around 2k. Our visa app was £2125 now we are waiting on date for our medicals which are roughly. £ 250 each ( maybe more ) try and get all paperwork sorted first, I started my carpenter apprenticeship in 2000. I had to get 3 reff. From that time plus I think wage slips dating back various number of years All the best

Hi there, welcome to pio. Your partner will need to get his certs etc looked at approx. £500. Then also carry out a practical test. Just over £ 1000 I think also the English test. £ 120 We also used an agent so that was around 2k. Our visa app was £2125 now we are waiting on date for our medicals which are roughly. £ 250 each ( maybe more ) try and get all paperwork sorted first, I started my carpenter apprenticeship in 2000. I had to get 3 reff. From that time plus I think wage slips dating back various number of years All the best

Excellent thank you.

Prices are what I had thought really, medicals cheaper than what I'd imagined so that's a bonus! Deciding to use an agent or not.....would obviously prefer not to spend the money but just not sure if we could manage it ourselves???

Thanks again, enjoy your adventure :)

Archived