UK phone to AUS phone

half a dozen

Been here 4 years and still haven't plugged in my english phone! Does anyone know if I can get a connection for the BT connection to go into the AUS wall socket? Really want to plug in my 1970s round dial phone as it's got a loud ring but can't find a connection to do it, thanks

If it is hardwired at the back 70's then you will need to get an BT phone (connector) to RJ11 connector adapter (should be able to purchase on the internet)

If the back of the phone has a small jack socket for lead, then you just need to buy a standard Aussie replacement phone lead which is RJ11 to RJ11 or nick the lead from one of your existing devices.

Basically the little plug on the lead that plugs into the back of a phone or modem (you obviously have other phones in the house) is the same plug that you plug into the wall.

RJ11 to RJ11 is pretty much the standard throughout the world, only the UK (NZ and Hong Kong) has those white BT plugs on the end of the phone leads.

Don't worry about it being unsafe or compatible, an analogue phone is analouge phone nothing more nothing less. HOWEVER I can't guarantee it will work as well as it did back in the UK

Here is a link showing you an BT to RJ11 adapter so you know what one looks like

http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=10679

Archived