One-Way travel Inusrance diffficulties

fizzybangs

We're leaving in April and returning to UK via Los Angeles for 5 days and are having problems getting one-way travel insurance. First quote from Qantas was $200 per DAY ie $1000! Anyone know who to go to? Apparently the credit card companies won't do it for one way trips.

Try World Nomads, I have found them to be very flexible and they have a solution for most situations.

World Nomads is no good is my OH is over 60 and they don't insure for people over 60. Ihave found online travel insurance to try too and Cover Direct and we can phone them tomorrow (Sunday) - like the fact that they are open 7 days a week

Insureandgo are a UK company to so I think they'll be the same as Go Walkabout. You could try Columbus http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/?sourcecode=GOOAD1 when I was doing a non-direct trip home they were the only insurer that would cover missed flights in transit (a norm in any UK policies I've ever had) - sold in Aistralia but underwritten by Lloyds.

If they don't do it google 'emigration insurance' rather than 'travel insurance' and you may find an insurer. Not sure that would cover 5 days in LA though.

We're sorted thanks everyone! On-Line Travel Insurance were no good - they don't do one way. We next phoned Insure & Go as they had answered my written query and they came up trumps and are cheap. Now we can relax! We've heard some horror stories about costs in America this last week!

Archived