No contact from CO regarding medical

bitza1984

Hi Guys,

I completed my medical examinations in Dublin 2 weeks ago but havent heard anything back from the hospital or my case officer. When I completed the medical checks in Dublin the nurse said that I would receive my results within a week, bit I still havent had any contact whatsoever. Is this normal practice? Or do they take a little bit of time to get back to you?

I think that paying them a substantial amount of money so far the least they could do was reply to an email lol! :biglaugh:

Partner temporary visa Subclass 309 – Permanent visa subclass 100 submitted by post in London 29/01/2013, CO assigned 05/02/2013, medical tests taken 12/02/2013.

Hey bitza1984,

My partner submitted his application a few weeks after you and he too will be going to Dublin for his medicals. Where you advised by your CO to go ahead with this as we thought we would be advised to wait to mid May at the earliest to undergo this (still to get CO confirmed hence the question).

Guest GeorgeD

You don't actually get any 'results' from the medical. The medical is for DIAC, not you. If there is anything serious found then they will tell you (for example if you tested HIV positive), but if you pass the medical you will hear nothing and won't ever see the medical results (or even the xrays)

Hey bitza1984,

My partner submitted his application a few weeks after you and he too will be going to Dublin for his medicals. Where you advised by your CO to go ahead with this as we thought we would be advised to wait to mid May at the earliest to undergo this (still to get CO confirmed hence the question).

When I received my initial letter from my case officer it did not mention to go for my medical after a certain date, although she did ask me for more evidence from Jan 2010 to jan 2011. I think this may be so that I could be eligable for a permanent visa straight away......fingers crossed. My partner has been living with me in Belfast since October 2009. This may have something to do with her not mentioning to go for my medical after May. I did my meds two weeks ago at the Mater in Dublin.

I have emailed my CO to ask what the next stage is but have not had any reply from her, I think its just a waiting game now??

Have you used a migration agent?

You don't actually get any 'results' from the medical. The medical is for DIAC, not you. If there is anything serious found then they will tell you (for example if you tested HIV positive), but if you pass the medical you will hear nothing and won't ever see the medical results (or even the xrays)

ah ok, but does your case officer ever contact you again? Even to let you know that you are just in the "queue"? lol

Guest GeorgeD
ah ok, but does your case officer ever contact you again? Even to let you know that you are just in the "queue"? lol

Some people, but by no means everyone, got an email from their CO saying, "you can expect your visa around mid Julember...give me a phone a few weeks before that and I'll finalise things." Not everyone gets this. In fact, most don't. Other than that, you won't hear from your CO unless they need information from you or they are granting your visa. Plenty of people only get 2 emails...first one to say, we have received your application and I'm your CO..second one nine months later to say, ok, here's your visa.

For offshore visas, the processing times are pretty predictable. If your CO gave you the current timescales, then it won't really vary from that. If you deliver a van full of evidence or a couple of photos from your Aunties wedding and nothing else, you will still be processed in the same time. Frustrating, yes, but try not to figure out what takes so long...nothing does! For want of a better way of describing it, there is a 'statutory waiting period' for visa applications and they take as long as DIAC decide they take...the processing time probably has very little to do with how long it takes to process a particular individual's case. Processing times for the 309/100 are the same. Everyone applies for the 100. If you have insufficient evidence of 3 years of a relationship but more than 12 months (if defacto) then you get the 309. The process is exactly the same for everyone.

If your CO has asked for more info then they have looked through your application. Give them the info, and ask if they need any more. If they say No, then you're going to be approved, just sit back, relax and wait on the grant coming through eventually. I have to laugh at the word relax, as it is the very last thing I was doing when I was in your position...but it is pretty much the only thing you can do if they have all the info they need!

I also applied from Ireland ..I did not receive any correspondence about my medicals about more info needed nothing ..so believe me what george is saying is true ..To be honest when I didn't receive this letter saying the visa would be granted on ??? date I started to freak out reading that others had received this letter .My wife contacted my CO last month and just asked him out will the visa be granted .to be honest I would say she was sick of me freaking out about it ..he replied your visa will be granted should your circumstances not change and I am hopefully going to get my grant this week as the 2nd of march was mentioned ..So I wouldn't worry about it the less they contact you it seems the better off you are and If you don't receive the letter saying your visa will be granted try not to panic ..while it is unfair that some people will get assurance about the grant early on and that will put there mind at rest others will not like me, but It all seems quite normal ..unfair yes but normal ..

I also applied from Ireland ..I did not receive any correspondence about my medicals about more info needed nothing ..so believe me what george is saying is true ..To be honest when I didn't receive this letter saying the visa would be granted on ??? date I started to freak out reading that others had received this letter .My wife contacted my CO last month and just asked him out will the visa be granted .to be honest I would say she was sick of me freaking out about it ..he replied your visa will be granted should your circumstances not change and I am hopefully going to get my grant this week as the 2nd of march was mentioned ..So I wouldn't worry about it the less they contact you it seems the better off you are and If you don't receive the letter saying your visa will be granted try not to panic ..while it is unfair that some people will get assurance about the grant early on and that will put there mind at rest others will not like me, but It all seems quite normal ..unfair yes but normal ..

happy days! good luck with that! my partners visa expires at the beginning of October this year and we would like to travel back to OZ together. Should I ask them outright like your partner did in a few months time will it be granted??

I applied at the end of January, 9 months later will be end of October. Hopefully they could move it on a couple of weeks quicker lol!

happy days! good luck with that! my partners visa expires at the beginning of October this year and we would like to travel back to OZ together. Should I ask them outright like your partner did in a few months time will it be granted??

I applied at the end of January, 9 months later will be end of October. Hopefully they could move it on a couple of weeks quicker lol!

you never know they might send you the letter saying it will be granted ..worst comes to worst you ca a tourist visa I was granted one but didn't take it up as I was near the end ..haha I am still near the end ...I didn't hear anything from them at all only when I mailed them to ask them what was going on ..And you can probably expect something like this back ..processing times are bla bla bla we advise you not to sell any property or cease employment ..will be in contact when I am in a position to finalize your app ...I have had about 4 of those .. So to answer your question I would just roll on with what your doing for another 3-4 months and if you don't hear by then maybe give them a mail ..and I you do go on a tourist visa let them know ..I have seen some people get there grant a small bit quicker because of this but not always ..good luck mate its a painful process and will freak you out and frustrate you ..but in the end it will be worth it ..

Edited by GeorgeD
Edited formatting