Starting out

mccusken

Hi all,

I hope i am posting in the right place, this is my first post (as you can tell) and i am after any advice of information on where to start in my dream of moving myself and my family out to oz. :biggrin:

I am a newly qualified social worker, my partner is a mechanical mantainence engineer, we have 3 children 4, 6 & 12.

I have a few friends that live in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, Vic, so would like to move around this area. I am currently due to visit them in a fact finding mission in order to gain some local info on schools, jobs..ect but would really appreciate any information anyone may have as i really do not know where to start. My plan is to get out there for the start of 2015, is this acheivable?

Any info on:

Visa's

Schools & fees

Tax's

Accomodation

car's

work

and anything that would help me start the process would be great, thankyou

Nina

Welcome to the forum. If you want information about Victoria I would repost the questions in the Victoria forum. Also there is a forum called Life in Victoria and there is a link at the foot of this one. If you join up there you will find a lot of information from newly arrived people which may be very helpful to you.

Good luck

Archived