Info about Sunshine Coast pleaseeeeeee

Ready to go

Hi everyone,

I am coming out to the Sunshine Coast for an info gathering mission on 10 March, and will be based in Buderim so trying to get some info together before I go. Hubby, Son of 12, daughter of 10 and I are planning on moving out this year. We have visas just need to sell the house and we are on our way. So need to pin down where we want to be and look into houses, schools, jobs etc. The info I am looking for to start is:

1 What are the best options for towns in this area. Is Buderim as nice as it looks, Is Sippy Downs any good, or am I better on the coast? Is there a big difference in house prices, and is land available (we may self build). Do all the towns merge into one and is there public transport(so I don't need to be a full time taxi driver).

2 What school do I want my kids to go to. They are both at a private school in the UK, and although I am prepared to do that in Australia, if there are good state secondary schools in the area I would be happy to narrow down my house hunting to their catchment areas.

3 What are the best ways to meet new friends, we are outdoors types, in out 40's into walking and sailing etc?

I will leave it there for now, don't want to push my luck by asking too many questions at once. However one other thing I must ask is if there is anyone in this area would like to meet up for a chat if you have some good inside info.

Thanks for any info

Buderim is lovely though house rentals are near impossible at present.

There is land to buy and build on and lots of nice houses to buy.

IMHO Buderim is nicer than Sippy Downs which really is a large (but nice) housing estate. Being "on" the hill is generally considered better.

Most of the coast does merge but with lots of green - have a look at Google maps.

Private schools are cheaper than the UK - Immanuel, Mathew Flinders, Sienna etc but an excellent state school in Buderim is Chancellor College and it is closely affiliated with the university and is damn good for free.

Lots of walking groups and sailing clubs. The kids must sign up for Nippers at Mooloolaba Surf life saving club and you will meet lots of people that way.

Join in and you will make friends quickly.

PM me and I'll help with any other questions.

Hi,

My wife and I will be moving to the Sunshine Coast later this year and, like you, I will be making a preliminary trip to "investigate" - a little later than you in April. We have been advised to look at Buderim, although the house prices are quite high there.

My wife is not keen on high humidity and I see several threads concerning the problems of humidity in the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane area. I would be very interested to hear your impressions of Buderim and how you found the climate/humidity there.

Hi, we moved from Gloucestershire 8 years ago this year, we rented in sippy downs and bought in sippy downs and have now lived in Buderim Meadows for over 2 years now, Buderim is just great, you have good schools, Mountain Creek High and Chancellor park Sippy Downs both state schools my 13 year old and five year old go to chancellor park, I also work in Buderim in a real estate office so if i can be of any help to you let me know.

Hi Bill

The Real Estate office in Buderim is.

belle property buderim

suite 2/90 burnett street buderim Qld 4556

You will love Buderim it is such a central place to be with all the amenities around you and the ocean a 5 min drive away, please feel free to contact me for any help regarding the area.

Regards Sarah Russell.

Hi iam from gloucesteshire, We moved here nearly 8 years ago now, we live in Buderim and have also lived in Sippydowns if i can be of any help with any of your questions please contact me, also work in a real estate office in buderim so can also help in any questions there.

Guest luckylady

Hello I also live in Buderim, we (husband and teenage daughter) moved here in October. Buderim is lovely, it has a very relaxed feel to it. Our daughter settled into school very well - Chancellor State College.

The Humidity is high at the moment, but to be honest it's not as bad as I expected it to be.

I work from home, so can be available to help out when you come over for a reccie, send me a PM, ill give you my contact details.

Rachel

Archived