Our letting agent is threatening to sue us, advice needed please

Keira huggins

Sorry to hear of your troubles :( My friend (who is Aussie and certainly not a whinger either) rented up in Cairns many years ago because her Hubby was in the Navy. She had endless problems with her real estate and it got so bad she went in and paid her rent with a huge jar of 1c and 2c pieces (back in the day when we still had them). When they vacated the property she mowed the lawn and returned to Perth. The real estate didn't do the final inspection for weeks and when they did, they tried to charge her a lawn mowing fee for the overgrown grass *sigh*. Of course it was impossible for her to return to sort things out at tribunal without great expense but after many threats they finally backed down. Just stand your ground, the law is on your side. All real estate agents suck but some are worse than others. I had one here in Sydney advertise our rental as an open for inspection at the same time as our final inspection. Needless to say I hit the roof and I doubt anyone that came that day rented the property LOL :)