Teaching?

Guest thinking hard

Guest thinking hard

Hi, We are seriously considering moving to Melbourne from Huddersfield (UK) - so any general info that you can pass on would be good. I am a teacher with BAQTS (primary). I cant seem to get the aussie website to view correctly so I would like to know if this an acceptable qualification for teaching in Oz

Thanks!

Guest Amy and Dave

Hi, I'm just about to send in my skills assessment for teaching. Have a look on TeachingAustralia website which has all the info you'll need. If your course was only 3 years then you will need to do a masters or similar as they only accept 4 yr degree courses. Search "teaching" on this site and you'll also get lots of info.

hope this helps

Amy

Guest Ruth and Don
Hi, We are seriously considering moving to Melbourne from Huddersfield (UK) - so any general info that you can pass on would be good. I am a teacher with BAQTS (primary). I cant seem to get the aussie website to view correctly so I would like to know if this an acceptable qualification for teaching in Oz

Thanks!

I also have a BA primary ed degree with QTS and i'm doing a PGCE course because as i understang it you can not get teacher registration without having done four years at uni.

Sorry to pass on bad news.

Like you, we want to go to Melbourne so if i ever get a reply from the teacher registration in Victoria and get any more info i will let you know what they say.

Good Luck:no:

Guest dave&donna

Hello thinking hard

how strrrrrrange - I am also a teacher from hudds and we are currently in the process of emigrating to oz but we're off to Perth. I can't go on my skills because although I've done 4 years my graduate teacher program to gain qts is not recognised. For you you'll be fine if your ba was a 4 year course.

Good luck

Donna :wubclub:

Guest thinking hard

Thanks all for your replies.

Donna...strange indeed- are you primary/secondary? I have a teacher colleague who is also a Donna, I'll be cross if I find out she's about to go to Oz and never mentioned it!!http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/images/smilies/shocked.gif

My degree was indeed a 4 year one - BA (Geog) QTS. Are they likely to be satisfied with the QTS as long as i can prove I did 4 years at Uni?

Ruth and Don - was your QTS course only 3 years ?

Amy and Dave - thanks for the info, will have a peek now!

Guest dave&donna

thinking hard

I'm primary what about you?

Think everybody knows that we're emigrating - I've shouted it from every available roof top..........................:chatterbox:

Donna

Guest dave&donna

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo a secret????

oh you've got to tell me which school now i'm intrigued......

the smileys thing is something to do with your personal settings????

Donna

Hiya peeps,

I am a 3 year BA QTS trained primary school teacher who got a skilled independent 136 visa last May and am currently living in Mornington, Vic. I did have to go back to uni (I've explained all this to Donna previously) and if I can help any of you out with tips or advice then send me a message and I'll do what I can.

Felicity:cute:

Archived