Visa 189 help - use agent or not

Edzi

Hi. I am a Community Nurse. I have sat my Academic IELTS in December and scored 7.5, 7.5, 7 and 9 which is great for my skills assessment as they wanted a 7. I do however need to get an 8 for each category so I have now resat the test but the general test for the visa and points system only. I have a husband and three young children.

My questions are that do i use an agent or not? Has anybody gone it alone and found it ok? Also, as a family do i just fill in the visa 189 if get an invite and add my family on for no extra cost. I think the total is $3060. Also my husband is a train driver but we cannot claim partner points because this is not on the list so we are fine with that but does he really have to sit the IELTS test and score an overall 4.5. I read it that he does have to in booklet 6 but it is worded strange so not 100% sure. He was born in England and I am sure he will score the required score but it is all extra cost.

Anyway this is all if I score an 8, hopefully will find out at the back end of the week. I think I have in listening, reading and speaking but again this writing I am not sure. I did a good letter which i had to write to an old teacher asking for a reference and then my essay i tried to paragraph better and use a wider variety of words which I did but i still felt i repeated myself. I got a 7.5 last time and i definitely feel like i improved I will see.

Any advice gratefully received.

Hi edzi I am also a community nurse just starting the process, me and my oh and two children are going on a 457 visa to get out there as soon as, and we have decided to use an agent only cos we where unsure about where to start. I do my test at the end of February, did you find it hard?

many people on the forum have managed the process without an agent. If you have a complicated case, losing points for age soon, character or health issues, using a registered migration agent can be valuable.

Sounds likely you are on the right track, have you got your Skills Assessment yet?

Yes, you add your family on the same visa application form, and there is only one visa application fee to pay.

No your husband will not need to do the IELTS as having a UK passport will satisfy having Functional English.

Good Luck - hope you get the results you need.

Archived