187 and health forms - how do download them?

welshpod

Right I think I'm missing something but I can't for the life of me find any part of the 187 application form that relates to health and therefore the forms that the clinic need in order to process the medicals. the lady on the phone says I need to download the form for everyone on the application but there's nothing on the log in page eg next steps box or the actual form itself. I've got the Health examination list from Immi, but i'm stuck

any help/ idiots guide most appreciated.

I went through the 186 process, so the 'sister' visa. You don't need to download or take any forms to the clinic if you are onshore (I only say onshore because that is the way I did it, so not sure if it is the same off shore). When you go for your appointment they ask you which visa you are there for, and then provide you with the paperwork - which is next to nothing, just name and address really.

Hang fire a minute and I'll see if I can find anything in the stuff I saved that may give an indication of what we did...

OK, so here's one link for you:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/arranging-health-exam.htm

Take note of the 'what to bring' section.

And here we go:

http://www.medibankhealth.com.au/immigration-visa-medicals_content.asp?id=226&t=What+to+bring+to+your+appointment&cid=60

We did download forms, you need to take form 26, and 160 - both on here. click on links, go to 'application forms' and then 'numerical list'.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Tickled Pink

thank you for taking the time to find the info.

Ive managed to find the forms on the DIAC website before. i was under the impression that paper versions of the forms could not be used. I did find an EHEALTH- EVISA guide and thats where it stated that paper forms could not be used. i've pasted the info direct from the PDF below.

Ha e-systems makes things easier: my hairy behind!

What do I need to do to make sure that a panel clinic can find my case in eHealth?

If you lodge an eVisa application and are in a country where eHealth is available, you can complete your health examinations fully electronically by selecting a clinic online and downloading the referral letter. When you complete this process, your case will automatically appear in the eHealth in box of the clinic that you selected – making processing easier for the clinic.

An alternative option is to download Form 26EH and/or Form 160EH when prompted by eVisa. These forms will have your basic details and Transaction Reference Number (TRN) automatically printed on them. The panel clinic can then search for your case using the TRN.

Note: If you choose not to select a clinic to attend within eVisa AND then do not download Form 26EH and/or Form 160EH, an eHealth clinic will not be able to locate your case in eHealth. Don’t forget to complete the full process online. The process will not work if you try to bring paper Forms 26 or 160 to a panel clinic with your TRN.

Now I've re looked at the forms, I do recall we definately took them filled out with us. So with regards to your CO finding your info, what we did (and weren't asked to, but we thought it might help and it seemed to) was scan and upload the receipt/confirmation of booking of our medicals. On this it had our individual reference number, so as I understand it the case officer was then able to type this into their system and access our medicals.

We font loaded all our documents/meds info as above/police certs etc (as an onshore application this is what they advise, I'm not sure if the same applies to offshore - I would have a good read through booklet 5 as it does say in there somewhere), we were then only contacted the once throughout the whole process by our CO to notify us that our visa had been granted, so we did something right somewhere! :)

Now I see the final paragraph says not to do what I did, which is confusing - and this could be the difference between onshore and offshore maybe... The other thing I would say is that maybe 'tweeks' have been made to the system since I did it. We had our meds done literally only a few weeks after the July changes...

I'm not sure I have managed to be as helpful as I hoped to you - sorry!

Edited by Tickled Pink