Long weekend recommendations

WelshBen

Hi guys, myself and fiancé moved from UK to Melbourne back in October and loving in so far. My brother (our 1st visitor) arrives in 3 weeks for a 2 week stay. We’re planning on taking some time off and going away on a long weekend with him.

Initially I had my heart set on the Gold Coast, and we were thinking of heading up to Byron Bay but have been warned off about the wet season? Another option is the Great Ocean Road, although again I’m a bit concerned about the weather as we’ll be in the beginning of March. My back up plan is Sydney as I was in the Coogee / Bondi area over New Year and loved it, but would prefer somewhere new.

I’m 31, my partner 25 and brother 22 – we’re looking for something ‘beachy’ with good nightlife and show him a different side to the City Life of Melbourne.

Any ideas gratefully received!

You could fly up to Cairns, flights with Tiger are around $99 each way

That could definitely be an option. I was speaking to someone last weekend who put me off heading somewhere with a tropical climate March due to the wet season. I’ve never experienced a wet season before.

Should this put me off? I’d love to visit Cairns or the Port Douglass area.

Guest The Pom Queen

Cairns weather is a tough one, our wet season started in November officially, yet we are still waiting for it, yes we had a bit of rain when Ozzie came over, but nothing compared to what we are use to. We have been told that we aren't going to see any rain over the next few weeks either.

So to answer your question I really cannot answer whether it will rain or not in March, sorry. If it does it will be warm rain though :wink: The humidity isn't as bad in March, January is our worst I would say for humidity.

Archived