Reply to Case Officer of Western Australia State Sponsorship

santhi

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Western Australia's state sponsor ship ( sub class 190). I lodged the application with western Australia and the case officer asked me why I am interested to live and work in Western Australia?

My answer to this question when I lodged the application is as follows..

Being a mechanical engineer in Oil and Gas industry for more than 6 years, I have found the relevant job opportunities in Perth and also I mentioned that 2 of my friends are staying in Perth and I heard it is a good place lo live and work there.

And I provided some job searching website such as seek.com.au, careerone.com.au, my career.com.au etc as my evidence.

BUT.. MY case officer says my answer was insufficient. So I am thinking to select some of the job advertisement's screen shorts and paste it in a word document or copy and paste the page links. If you have any additional information please le t me know. that will be graet.

Welcome to poms in oz. someone else who has been through it already should be along soon.

Personally I would just send them a statement about how out of the whole of Australia WA seems to have the best job prospects and the type of life you would like bla bla bla. If you have already visited even better.

@blossom 79,

Thank you . I did that I mean I explained why am choosing WA and all while lodging the application itself. Now I decided to take screenshots from the Job sites and send it to them. Will it sounds better?

Ohhhh your post changed. I'm not sure, but I can't imagine that screen shots of jobs will help. They want to see that you are not going to get your visa and bugger off to another state as soon as you can.

I would go into mega detail, suburbs you have been looking at, schools, activities you would like to do in the area etc etc. convince them there is nowhere else in Australia you would rather be.

I cant remember what my OH put as he is the same Mech Engineer in Oil and Gas. But the company he was working at at the time have offices in Perth, many of the big Oil and Gas company's recruit in house now. Yes use seek but it maybe work looking at some of the company's own own websites, and use them.

Your answer is a little general, but it is difficult as they only give you 200 words.

Also saying you have heard it is a good place, they want people to have done some research of what they like about WA.

@lebourellec,

Thank you for the information.

Actually The company in which I am working now has a branch in Perth. I Thought that if I mention about my current employer, then they might question me like "why don't you approach from your current employer" etc. So, I didn't mention about the current employer.

@lebourellec,

Thank you for the information.

Actually The company in which I am working now has a branch in Perth. I Thought that if I mention about my current employer, then they might question me like "why don't you approach from your current employer" etc. So, I didn't mention about the current employer.

But it would be to show that your skills are required and you wold have no trouble getting a job, and there are opportunities for a transfer to the Australian branch. Because you want to make the permanent move - and settle and live in Australia, rather than go on a temp resident visa, (which would likely be what they would offer by your company). The fact that you would have a job waiting for you - its a better chance that you would get Nomination, as off list criteria requires a job offer.

Archived