Lebara Mobile - Unlimited calls to the UK (and other countries)

gwolst77

I've been using Lebara since I got here, and to be honest can't fault them considering how cheap they are compared to the big guys and what value you get for your dollars.

I was on the Lebara Mega Plan, but will be switching to this plan next month when I have to recharge my account to keep it going.

Lebara use the Vodafone network so if your are in the major cities and surrounding areas you should be okay for coverage

Basically $40 every 30 days gets you

Unlimited standard Aussie calls (mobile and fixed line)

Unlimited standard UK ( + another 28 countries) calls (mobile and fixed line)

Standard Aussie SMS

3GB mobile internet

http://www.lebara.com.au/lebara-unlimited

Optus are currently offering for $50 on a sim only deal

$650 call credit

Unlimited SMS

1.5GB mobile internet

Telstra (which are always more expensive/worse value but better coverage) give you the following for $80 per month

$900 call credit

Unlimited SMS

2GB mobile internet

Hi there

I shall be arriving in Sydney next week, I need a mobile phone with unlimited everything :-), I think I'll need to use the phone to connect my laptop to the internet, I'm not sure how this is done but I need to go into a phone shop that will be able to advise me (a place that might be patient with my ignorance of the whole subject).

Any suggestions please ?

Many many thanks

I need a mobile phone with unlimited everything :-), I think I'll need to use the phone to connect my laptop to the internet

I don't think you are going to be able to get unlimited internet over here unless you pay big bucks (and even then it will be capped at around 10GB)

Lebara is a SIM only deal and you can get it from most 7 elevens and supermarkets.

I used the SIM in my unlocked iPhone 4s since I got here and not had any problems. The old Lebara Mega plan was similar to the one I originally posted about, but you got X amount of dollars for cheap international calls per top up ($15 with the $39 top up)

Even if you did not get any international call credit $39 is still very good value when compared to the likes of Telstra and Optus. I don't know of any mobile operators offering 3GB of internet usage with unlimited standard calls at even close to that price

• 1 year later...

Archived