Its all about to begin!!

mikearkwright

Good Afternoon, Morning All wherever you maybe.

My Wife and I along with our 3 soon to be 4 year old are about to begin the whole visa process after our wonderful parents have agreed to fund it all which is amazing.

We have just returned from Australia after being there from the 8th December till the 4th January, we stayed with friends who emigrated 10 years ago now in Penrith, New South Wales. It was amazing everything about it was brilliant!!!

Sure we will be needing pointers along the way just wanted to come on and say hi to everyone really.

Regards

Mike

Congratulations on the funding. I moved to Sydney a month ago and it is a beautiful place.....but be warned, it is very expensive! Do a serious budget and really understand where your finances are at. Its not as cheap as when your friends will have arrived sadly.

Congratulations on the funding. I moved to Sydney a month ago and it is a beautiful place.....but be warned, it is very expensive! Do a serious budget and really understand where your finances are at. Its not as cheap as when your friends will have arrived sadly.

Thanks Bromney & Munchkinella (cool name)

Your right Bromney our friends said the same! Thanks

Forgot to say any advice more than appreciated!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your emigration journey. For good advice, I recommend asking specific questions as you think of them "any advice" is a bit general and people might not know where to start.

:biggrin:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your emigration journey. For good advice, I recommend asking specific questions as you think of them "any advice" is a bit general and people might not know where to start.

:biggrin:

Thanks Rupert, I understand what you mean, thanks for pointing that out!

Good Afternoon, Morning All wherever you maybe.

My Wife and I along with our 3 soon to be 4 year old are about to begin the whole visa process after our wonderful parents have agreed to fund it all which is amazing.

We have just returned from Australia after being there from the 8th December till the 4th January, we stayed with friends who emigrated 10 years ago now in Penrith, New South Wales. It was amazing everything about it was brilliant!!!

Sure we will be needing pointers along the way just wanted to come on and say hi to everyone really.

Regards

Mike

Hi mike we are too from lancashire and have just submitted our visa, we are moving to Perth but prices are very similar to Sydney bloody expensive.If you look back on my profile you will find a thread regarding costings which is quite recent so will give you an idea where to start,it has everything listed for both ends uk and oz including visa and skill Assesment costs.

Good Luck

Pete Martine & kids

Hi mike we are too from lancashire and have just submitted our visa, we are moving to Perth but prices are very similar to Sydney bloody expensive.If you look back on my profile you will find a thread regarding costings which is quite recent so will give you an idea where to start,it has everything listed for both ends uk and oz including visa and skill Assesment costs.

Good Luck

Pete Martine & kids

Hi Pete,

Where abouts in Lancashire are you? We are from Morecambe. Yeah your not wrong there but all worth it! Thanks for the advice will have a look through that.

Good luck with everything, will keep an eye on your progress.

Mike

Mike,

Completely clueless aswell, cant wait to get out there got to finish my construction management degree first, any advice shared would be cool.

Regards Tom

You'll get plenty of advice on here Tom there is plenty of people who have gone through it and going through it happy to help which is very very handy!!

Good luck with everything

Mike

Hi mike

We live in a village called weir between BACUP and burnley, your right it will all be worth it in the end, its just a long drawn out process but on the good side they don't just let anyone in :-) we have friends that have a static near the diving centre carnforth way you must only be around the corner from there i think its called little england or something similar if you need any advise on anything then feel free to ask and good luck with the adventure

Pete

Congratulations on getting your parents on board with your decision to move. I think thats half the battle! :)

Best of luck for a quick and smooth journey. Aus is more exp now, but I think that when earning $ it seems much more in proportion as opposed to earning £ and going over there and spending $

Keep us posted.

Hi mike

We live in a village called weir between BACUP and burnley, your right it will all be worth it in the end, its just a long drawn out process but on the good side they don't just let anyone in :-) we have friends that have a static near the diving centre carnforth way you must only be around the corner from there i think its called little england or something similar if you need any advise on anything then feel free to ask and good luck with the adventure

Pete

Hi Pete, yeah i know where that is about 40 mins or so from us, I know where the diving centre is we are about 20mins from there. I will be asking don't worry haha..

Hi Donna,

I know we are very lucky amazing family!! A quick and smooth journey would be ace but think it will take a while.

Yeah, but then the UK is more expensive now as well. But your also right in what you say regards earning etc.

Will keep you upto date

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Archived