Visas granted, scouting trip first before the permanent move a good idea??

smw

Hiya,

My fella and i have been granted our visas at long last, but had a bit of a mad panic! We have been told we have arrive in Australia by November 2013, thats all well and good but we thought the visa had to be activated within 2 years, which is what we planned to do, save up, sell up etc and then go in 12-18 months. Im not sure now where we got that thought from??!!!

What we were thinking was to fly over, comply with the conditons of the visa, stop for 10 days and then fly back next year for the permanent move. Then we could continue to save and build a nest egg to support us. The visa is valid unitl Jan 2017, so surely this means we can do this??

Has anyone else done this, is this a stupid idea?

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie

the first date (November 2013) is when you have to validate the visa by - so you could do a reccie trip for 10 days or so before this date, the second date (Jan 2017) is when you have to have moved to Australia.

we are validating our visa in May this year (we have to do this before August) then we have to be in Australia 2017 sometime I think, we are planning on saving more money this year then moving over next year.

Regards

Kellex

Yes, many people go on a holiday to validate their visas to fully emigrate at a later date. The only disadvantage to this is losing the double baggage allowance that some airline give for a unvalidated PR visa.

Phew!, thats a great weight of our minds!.

Archived