SOLENT MEET-UP ANYONE?

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

A few of us are thinking about meeting up sometime reasonably soon in the Southampton-ish area of the UK. A couple of people from the Isle of Wight want to come, so it is looking like daytime one weekend would be best, probably in Southampton so that the Islanders wouldn't be too far from the ferry port.

No firm dates set yet except that 23/24 July and 12/13 August are both unsuitable for some.

Would anyone else be interested in meeting up? If so, please let me have suggested dates and does anyone have a preferred venue, please?

Cheers

Gill

What a good idea, hubby and I would love to come along and meet up with others taking the big leap across the pond

any of the dates are ok with me but 24th July is a Mon?

count us in :lol:

will have a think about venue, I don't usually go out in Southampton, I suppose it depends on how many and what time

Karen

• 6 months later...
Guest dawn courage

just read your solent meet up, did you have one ? Did any IOW guys go ? We moved from IOW to Gold Coast last May, would love to hear from any other caulkheads/overners.

Still following Saints, Premiership next year, only thing we miss apart from family and friends.

D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ali Rose

Hi Dawn

I'm from the island and have just received my PR visa and once my house sells will be heading over to Melbourne in April i hope.

How long have you been on the sunshine coast?

Hey your not related to Paul Courage at IWRFC are you?

I did in fact meet up with Gill just before Cowes Week last year and it was nice to meet her and some others from the south that are going. I have 2 very good friends here who just the visa just before me and to couples my brother knows moved to sunshine coast and gold coast last year and from another forumn i have got together with 2 other couples from the island that are planning on making the move so its nice to share what i've learned along the way. So there is quite a few of us wanting to make the move.

Hope your well and look forward to hearing from you

ali

Archived