How to find focus groups in Australia

saren

Supplementing my previous post about different jobs for holidaymakers, what's the best way to be invited to participate in Focus groups throughout Australia? A focus group is a meeting of 8-12 people, to discuss over the span of 1, or 2 hours a new product. People are invited to focus groups from a database of profiles of model consumers, usually these people are members of paid survey sites and other consumer, or research panels, which are free to join online, however many send out emails with surveys to fill out, in return paying about $2/survey, i don't believe filling out these surveys is worth it for me, but I would like to be on the list of profiles considered for focus groups without having to fill out hundreds of surveys. Profiles are selected based on demographics, and market preferences. The payout for a focus group meeting is about $40-100 (no taxes).

http://australianpaidsurveys.blogspot.com/

http://www.auspaidsurveys.com

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine has created multiple identities so she can carry out the same surveys, using different email addresses and different mailing addresses - rather time consuming of course - but she has nothing else to do and it's a way of 'working.' I have done a few focus groups - very well paid too - if I could get one of those a week I'd be on Easy Street.

Yes i will apply to 100 sites if i have to, but i still don't know how active I have to be on the sites in order to get invited to focus groups. I mean do i have to fill out all those surveys, or do I just sign up, and log in from time to time hoping to get invited for a focus group. I don't want to get involved in the surveys. Not worth it for $2, for 20-40minutes of persona time. But the focus groups even if i get invited to a couple/month is worth it.

Yes i will apply to 100 sites if i have to, but i still don't know how active I have to be on the sites in order to get invited to focus groups. I mean do i have to fill out all those surveys, or do I just sign up, and log in from time to time hoping to get invited for a focus group. I don't want to get involved in the surveys. Not worth it for $2, for 20-40minutes of persona time. But the focus groups even if i get invited to a couple/month is worth it.

On Valued Opinions, once you hit $20, you can apply for a voucher - Coles Myer in my case. They are annoying and repetitive, I agree but when I am out of work, what else am I doing. I have $100 worth ov cards in one of my drawers. As I said, my friend, uses different email addresses and postal addrsses to do them as 'different' people. I have not got that 'dishonest' although I do sometimes pretend to be a manager and answer, say a banking question as if I am responsible for choosing the bank. (in that case I just say the bank I use anyway.)

Have you tried just Googling 'focus groups?' And whilst you are at it - register for 'mystery shopper.' I have not been able to get that gig but you may be luckier. It is a while since I got a focus group - have done 'cars' a couple of times.

We did a couple in brissie, answered an ad on gumtree, but it was very flaky and I wouldn't rely on it for income, only as a very very nice bonus. I can see why, easiest money I *ever* made, including doing similar in the UK - 20 mins of chatting about tax returns with 3 other people to the ato for $90, silly money really.

So the best way in my experience, be in a big city and scan gumtree every couple of hours (positions are filled in our experience from gumtree in about 1-2 hours max. These jobs (if you can call them that) are so cushy they don't hang around long....you and everyone else wants to do very little for lots of cash lol

Archived