Applying for my Visa

Kelvin Charles

Hi,

I am currently applying for the skilled visa online in the current trade I am working in (stonemason) which is on the list. Now I have been in the trade coming up to 1 year now so I have the experience in sales and fixing stones also known as a fixer mason but I don't have the skills of a banker mason which basically carves as this is becoming more and more outdated. I don't have qualifications in this trade as of yet but will do soon hopefully. I have listed all my other qualifications which include advanced diplomas, diplomas etc but have nothing relating to the stone mason trade. Will this effect my application?

Thank You for anyone that can help.

You need a valid skills assessment before lodging an eoi for a skilled visa. Probably vetassess for stonemason, most trades require 12 months post qualification experience.. post qualification being an apprenticeship or prior recognised experience.

Have you considered a consultation with a migration agent ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for that. I will leave it for now then.

Myself and Wife are booking onto a seminar with agents at the end of this month so maybe I can get more information from there.

You need a valid skills assessment before lodging an eoi for a skilled visa. Probably vetassess for stonemason, most trades require 12 months post qualification experience.. post qualification being an apprenticeship or prior recognised experience.

Have you considered a consultation with a migration agent ?

Thank you Matty I will have a look through. I got my advanced diploma also known as extended diploma level 3 in Creative Media but I have looked on the list of Skills and nothing corresponds with that. I also have a Foundation Construction Award in Carpentry & Joinery although I haven't done much of that since I got the qualification for it :-(

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

have a look through that.. good luck.

Might be worth looking at getting in with what you did advanced diploma in.

Or do you mean you have 1yr experience post apprenticeship ?

Archived