HELP WITH REGIONAL SPONSORED MIGRATION SCHEME VISA FROM UK PLEASE x

vikkeytymo

Hello

My husband has an opportunity to move to Karratha by being sponsored by my brother's tavern as a chef (which is his occupation). I am currently researching visa's and have found this one is applicable to us, the only thing is I cant find the details I want to know about it....... ie:

1. What happens after the minimum 2 years of employment (As we dont want to live permanently in Karratha, we would like to live around the Perth areas). If he leaves the sponsored job would he have to come back to the UK or would he be free to move and find a job in Perth?

2. We have 4 children (14,13,8,7) would schooling etc be included on this visa?

3. What would be the better option: for my husband to go out alone and us follow later on (is there a time limit to when we have to go? Is this option even possible? If so, how?) as I personally dont want to live in Karratha, or we all go out together?

Also if anyone has dealt with this visa and can offer or share any advise this would be great.

Thanks alot Vikkey x :biggrin:

The 187 RSMS visa, is a PR visa, therefore after the 2 years, you would be a PR and can move where ever you want.

How quickly do they want your OH to start work, this visa can take time to get all the nomination process together and about 6 months to be granted.

2. Everyone would be included on the visa, but as it is PR, you would need to get medicals done.

3. IF you go with this visa, everyone would need to make first entry to Australia, 12 months after earliest date of medicals or police check, but your OH could go out first to start his employment, and you could go later (even just to visit for a holiday). He would need to start employment within 6 months of arriving in Australia.

It really depends if this is the visa that your OH is going to be sponsored on, many employers sponsor on 457 visa, which is fast and cheap, could get your OH out there working, then apply for the RSMS once there?

You need to ask employer which visa that they wish to sponsor,, but if they are happy to wait, and willing, go for this one.

Thank you lebourvellec.......................

As my husband it doing his level 3 in college to become a chef, (he is qualified to level 2), He has not actually worked as a chef so I wouldnt of thought he could go on any other visa as the RSMS doesnt state he has to of been working whereas the employer nomination scheme states he has to of worked at least 3 years?

could he go out on the 457? I will do some research on that now.

My brothers tavern will be sponsoring him as soon as he is qualified in July, so there is no rush this is just the way for my brother to get me out there. I could apply on my own trade being a hairdresser but have been advised this way is the cheaper and more guaranteed way of getting in.

Ideally, I would rather wait back in the UK as I dont want to live in Karratha (Do you know what the process of that option would be? visa's etc)

Archived