State Nomination or EOI first

steven0161

Greetings from Blighty,

I have read a good few post and am getting some conflicting information. My partners job is on the state selection in Victoria and we are looking at a 190 visa but also open to the idea of a 189 if he has enough points, as I get the impression that more 189 visa are accepted but open to feedback on that one.

The confusion is; once he has completed the IELTS & Skills Assessment what is the order in applying as if we apply for the VIC SS first the turnaround is 12 weeks so will this add 3 months onto the timeline for us then to the complete a EOI if the VIC SS is accepted?

Also the SkillSelect website is throwing me as it has the option to submit and EOI and login to Skill select are they one and the same?

would appreciate some guidance

Many thanks in advance :angel_happy_face_ha

Hi, personally i applied for SS before submitting an EOI for a 190 Visa, though I am pretty sure you can do the EOI first. I was just very cautious about the EOI and wanted as much in place as possible as beforehand. Once you have SS you should receive an invitaion right away, though I just submitted mine tonight!

hth

I don't think it matters, it will just sit there and nothing will happen until you get the state psonsorship anyway.

What is important is to make sure you have skills assessment, IELTS and the correct experience for the experience points you intend to claim before you lodge the EOI.

Archived