Electronics engineer without degree

k8bug79

Hi, I am running away with myself a bit but just after general advice rather than specifics. my life long friend ho is the one person i'll miss terribly when we move let it slip earlier that her and her husband may consider a move abroad but didn't they'd qualify for Oz.

He works in electrnics and i don't know te full insand outs of his qulifications and work experience but I am almost certain he doesn't have a degree/diploma but know he has almost 20 years exp and hs done loads of courses and certificates.

As i said i don't know specifics but does no degree mean no go or can work experience count.

Then i can set to work convincing them :rolleyes:

Hi.

It all depends what you do. Are you considered a "Professional Engineer"? That doesn't include the engineers who fix boilers for British Gas or the guy who fixes your phone line. Sorry of I'm sounding like a snob!

You will need to get a Skills Assessment from Engineers Australia. There's a very useful booklet on their website which gives you information on the different routes. One is the CDR route where you have to write career episodes and provide lots other bits of information to prove that you are equivalent to guy in Oz with four year bachelors degree with a few years of experience.

Also without a degree you won't get 15 points or 10 points for an advanced diploma so you'll have to make up the points elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Best find exactly what he does and cross reference the duties with the anzsco codes.

If he assesses and fixes domestic electrical appliances it sounds more like an electrical technician. Think this is TRA who assess.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Best find exactly what he does and cross reference the duties with the anzsco codes.

If he assesses and fixes domestic electrical appliances it sounds more like an electrical technician. Think this is TRA who assess.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks off to check that.

Also if he has no qualifications that are officially recognised, there is the possibility he could get an Australian qualification called an AQF. These can be obtained through various recognised training organisations (RTO) in oz and work on the basis of recognised prior learning (RPL).

This is the route I took and the cost was around AU$1000. Mine didn't take long, about 4 weeks, but I've heard of others that have taken 6 months+. I think it depends on the level of technical testing involved.

Also if he has no qualifications that are officially recognised, there is the possibility he could get an Australian qualification called an AQF. These can be obtained through various recognised training organisations (RTO) in oz and work on the basis of recognised prior learning (RPL).

This is the route I took and the cost was around AU$1000. Mine didn't take long, about 4 weeks, but I've heard of others that have taken 6 months+. I think it depends on the level of technical testing involved.

Excellent. I;ve sent them all that info. Now just need to keep planting the seed:jimlad:. Good to know its possible. Thank you for your help.