Kingston - what am I missing??

Guest Guest74865

" In reality we found it very quiet and very residential and also quite down market. Green square was just OK in my opinion and the Kingston Plaza looked like a post-apocalyptic shopping centre" hehehe, that did indeed make me giggle :)

Welcome to Canberra, ManboobsGalore! Hope you are your partner are soaking up the sun. I know I've said this before in reply to the other thread you've started, but have you considered civic/newacton/braddon/ and the braddon-turner area? While Kingston and Manuka (and Forrest) are lovely, my personal feeling was that it lacked the buzz I was looking for and was far too salubrious for my debauched London tastes :P I also found the north younger with many more people like myself who are in their 30s and without kids. Also, if you fancy a chat over a pint or three, give us a shout :)

I have got a feeling this is quickly turning into a Canberra-bashing thread which wasn't my intention.

My partner and I arrived just a few days ago and have been really pleasantly surprised.

Weather is great. Pretty good shopping in Civic. Some really nice looking restaurants and bars. Really green and clean city and can't wait to make the most of the cycle paths and ditch the car.

I have come to this conclusion about Canberra - Crap place to visit as a tourist - Great place to live.

All the cities have their followers and once you have been there a while I am sure you will be very happy. My parents lived their twice during their wandering life and liked it both times.

Good luck

Guest biomedical scientist

Sorry don't get much better after a year here! It's a lovely place if you want to live a nice quiet family life - but if you want excitment, or life of any sort you are in the wrong place!! We are in a rock band and Canberra doesn't rock...!

Sorry don't get much better after a year here! It's a lovely place if you want to live a nice quiet family life - but if you want excitment, or life of any sort you are in the wrong place!! We are in a rock band and Canberra doesn't rock...!

You're going to the wrong places. Everything is open until 5:00am if you know your way around.