2nd Year WHV.

JackC

My partner went over to Australia back in November 2010, on a 1st year WHV, completed her 88 days farm work.

Now we plan to go back over, me on my 1st WHV, and my partner on her second.

Problem is, she cannot find her ABN code anywhere, she's kept all sorts, she was given a 10 digit code of MADEC, is this it?

We did plan to plan to do it our self's and avoid travel agencies but will they be any help?

Any information will be gladly helpful,

Thanks.

If she has any old payslips the ABN Will be on there.. or If she remembers the company name you can search the abn up here.. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByName.aspx?SearchText=Cleveland+Hospitality+Services+Pty+Ltd

If that fails... check her bank statments which she can do via online banking to get the name of the company and then to search the abn... Has she tried googling the company to get the abn..

On the other hand being so long ago they may ask for proof that she done the farm work so she should have some of this information to hand.. I dont think going to a travel agent will do anything because she will need the abn regardless....

Last option I would say would be to call the ATO..australian tax office and they may be able to help you in the long run or the company she lodged tax with.. they will have the employer details.

Hope this helps!

Archived