Wanting to work and move to Perth WA.

mckenzie84

My Wife, two kids and I want to move to Perth WA. I am an Offset Printer (10yrs) and my Wife is an Elderly Carer (9.5yrs). We have our own house, which we will need to sell. What is the easiest and best way to go about getting a Visa and which visa is best? I have send my CV out to Printers in Australia, but i think this is a long shot expecting a company to sponsor me. What advice does anyone have on helping us getting us moved as quickly as possible?

Regards Stuart.

Hi Stuart

Im new to this but we were in a similar position to you. we were struggling to decide on the best route in and thought we would need to wait 12-8 months before we could even apply.

we kept an eye on Gumtree.com.au...searched for jobs with sponsorship in the area we wanted and this week, from nowhere, my partner has been offered a job with sponsorship...they want us there in 6 weeks. I have everything crossed nothing falls through.... but for you, maybe keep an eye on gumtree!! good luck

ali

My Wife, two kids and I want to move to Perth WA. I am an Offset Printer (10yrs) and my Wife is an Elderly Carer (7yrs). We have our own house, which we will need to sell. What is the easiest and best way to go about getting a Visa and which visa is best? I have send my CV out to Printers in Australia, but i think this is a long shot expecting a company to sponsor me. What advice does anyone have on helping us getting us moved as quickly as possible?

Regards Stuart.

You may read about people who have got sponsorship on PIO, but you do not read abotu the many more that do not. There is no harm in trying, but it is hard to find sponsorship from overseas as you suspected.

Many people on PIO have used the skilled migration route to get to Australia, this does not require a job offer. The visas are the 189 and 190 and there is also a 489 but that visa is not as good as the other two as it has restrictions on where you can live and work. The first thing you would need to do is go to the website below and see if your occupation is on the SOL or CSOL (occupation lists) and whether you can pass a points test. Suggest you do that first, then come baack for more information at that point. If your occupation is not on the list it is a non starter.

www.immi.gov.au

My Wife, two kids and I want to move to Perth WA. I am an Offset Printer (10yrs) and my Wife is an Elderly Carer (7yrs). We have our own house, which we will need to sell. What is the easiest and best way to go about getting a Visa and which visa is best? I have send my CV out to Printers in Australia, but i think this is a long shot expecting a company to sponsor me. What advice does anyone have on helping us getting us moved as quickly as possible?

Regards Stuart.

Other than ENS, you can try skilled migration. Do your qualification related to your occupation? you might have the chance by apply for skill visa.

Yes i'm on the CSOL and I passed the pints test for Visa 190 & 489. A Consultants is going to contact me in the next 48 hours. Is there anything I should be prepared for or have at hand when he/she calls?

Stuart

Don't know mate but I'd have pissed the pints teSt in my younger days , good look kidda

Hi Rupert,

I went to immi website and my job is on the CSOL list. Not sure how to sit the points test though. Btw, what is PIO? Is this a work sponsorship visa?

Thanks Stuart.

Hi Mckenzie84

i can do the point test for you if you don't mind. Let me know if you need my help.

Hi Rupert,

I went to immi website and my job is on the CSOL list. Not sure how to sit the points test though. Btw, what is PIO? Is this a work sponsorship visa?

Thanks Stuart.

Here is a link to the points test, work your way through and see what you get.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

If your occupation was only on the CSOL, you should know check all the state sponsorship lists to see if it is on any. You can find these by googling "WA state sponsorship" "NSW state sponsorship" etc.

PIO. That is this website, I was saying that many of us on here applied for a skilled migrant visa, that is all.

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived