Need Advice - 457/176

mext60

Dear All,

I will be glad if somebody with a similar situation or an expert can share his opinion/ experience on the following: (Remember this is still a hypothetical situation)

I applied for SS 176 in April 2012 and got my CO in May 2012. Since I am a citizen of HR country my security checks are still going on and it might take june/july 2013 or further to get a medical/ PCC call. In the meanwhile, I have been contacted today by my ex-supervisor who wants to hire me for a role in Tasmania and told me that his company will provide 475 visa. Now my questions are as follows:

1. Can they apply for 475, when I already have an application in for 176?
  2. If yes to above question, what effect it will have on my 176 PR application?
  3. If no effect in response to question no. 2, then does this mean that while having 475, my 176 PR application will still be processed and I will get PR in foreseeable time as expected (in 2013)? Or a 475 application can delay the processing of PR 176 visa?
  4. I believe if I am in Australia and they have approved my PR 176 application, then I will have to exit Australia and re-enter to activitate my PR 176 visa. Is this right?

Anything else that might be of concern in the above situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Thanks a lot. Then who should I get in touch with for further details? i.e. the issue of different states?

1. yes

2. no

3. no

4. yes - You will need to exit before your 176 can be granted

The issue you have is that your 457 will not be in the state that has sponsored you so this may be an issue.

Archived