Location, location, location???.....

Laura2406

Happy New Year everyone and heres to 2013!!

Now that the festivities etc are all out the way, me and hubby have been putting our heads together and researching, researching researching everything Australia. However, we've met a kind of stumbling block and was just after abit of advice from you all.

Basically, hoping to be finally in Sydney (fingers crossed..) mid to end of 2013. Im a Midwife and have been approached by a few hospitals regarding employment:biggrin: and hubby seems to think he will be ok regarding the job front,however we're abit stuck as to where to live temp and then permanently? We have 2 small children (5 & 7yrs), so obviously safe, family neighbourhoods, schools, expats (to help us find our feet etc ;) are all something we need to consider, and have no idea where to look at. I dont mind commuting roughly 45mins to work, and these hospitals are near Sydney, however Im still open-minded.

Any advice would be gratefully received - thanks in advance xx

Haha - yeah I suppose a rough location would help - sorry!!

One is near Randwick, the other is near Wollongong - although I can/maybe will approach other hospitals nearer the time, so these arent definites or set in stone yet. Lots of further research needed as yet! - thank you xx

Haha - yeah I suppose a rough location would help - sorry!!

One is near Randwick, the other is near Wollongong - although I can/maybe will approach other hospitals nearer the time, so these arent definites or set in stone yet. Lots of further research needed as yet! - thank you xx

Two very different locations. I wouldn't even count Wollongong as Sydney, it is the nearest major city of course, but is a fair old hike from Sydney. Housing would be much cheaper down there, however if OH needs to work in Sydney CBD then it is really not commutable on a regular basis. Randwick handy for beaches and the city, but will have the price tag to go with it.

It's a big sprawling city so you really need to know where you will be working (or likely to be working) first before you can start narrowing down. You also need to workout a rough budget as housing is expensive here so your options can be quite restricted.

not trying to be negative, just trying to help. With a location as wide as Wollongong to Randwick and no idea of budget there's not much more any of us can do.

fwiw the area south of the city around Wollongong is much cheaper, the coast is fantastic down there and there's loads of amazing countryside too. I'd give it serious consideration

Archived