quarantine closures over the xmas period, getting tricky

Archies owner

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am finding the aqis xmas break closures very difficult to work around. At least in Melbourne.

Most people hate that you can only visit your pets twice per week (and only over four days, and limited hours during those days).

This last week we could only visit on Monday (in pens) and today was supposed to be yard visits (only one for the week) and the closed the yards! That said they opened them this afternoon .. and seems they were only closed because they thought there would be too many people wanting the yards (a pre-emptive strike),

I must say that at least when they do get to the yards that the grass is very well kept and at least half of the ones in Melbourne have good shade. Not sure why not ALL of the yards dont have shade .. but what the hey.

If you are sending your treasured pet to Aus in the new year .. relax, its a great place for dogs (and cats) and humans alike!

Cheers, Bruce

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Well we got through the week where they had only one day for visiting, but like the rest of Australia its been very hot in Melbourne.

A few times I have had to stay with dogs inside of the shelter pens as its been too hot to go into the yards. Thankfully they have a good little trickle sprinkler system to keep the dogs cool on the really hot days.

Archived